Locations of Site Visitors László Szögeczki's CE blog: In the Petö Institute / Easter 09

Thursday 9 April 2009

In the Petö Institute / Easter 09

I have been staying in Hungary for my Easter Holidays and had a possibility to visit the "alma mater" (Petö Institute). I visited the Maria Hari Library for the first time since its opening and it was very nice to see a "normal" library. It has been needed for a long time. The little museum what can be found attached to the library also gives us a great memory of Hari Maria's work and reminds us of her the legacy. How nice! Thank you for all who made this possible.
There, in the library I was advised to read one of the new books published by Petö Institute.
The title is Feladatsorok a Konduktív Nevelésben /Task series in CE/ written by Frencné Beck one of our Budapest trained conductors. The contents of the book have been taught and available as a teaching peaper at the Institute for some time, but I was really happy to get it in a well presented book. Well done! We really needed this, too. The author, Eva, asked me if it was useful to translate it to English. I said such a translation was needed as it is still not avaiable in English, along with the 'The Little Green Book'. I am sure someone, person or company, would donate to enable a translation to be made.
I have just read Andrew's last blog mentioning the financial problems of Hungary and the impact on the Petö Institute and conductors all over the world. Well, it is really a scary situation for all of us and we can have only a good hope that we will sustain and survive the crisis.

No comments: