Locations of Site Visitors László Szögeczki's CE blog: It seems I can not avoid English language :)

Thursday 28 October 2010

It seems I can not avoid English language :)

Thanks for the comment and breaking silence. Yeah, what Andrew says is understandable, it has a clear logic but the world does not work like that. I wrote in Hungarian in my post that what about those many American (USA) discovered ideas were discovered by non American rooted people. Are their theories, machines, etc. regarded as their origin country (culture) was? No, actually, not. Why? Because they acted and implemented their new ideas in US though nobody cares where they are coming from. Andrew, was Arthur Koestler English, Hungarian or Jewish writer? I truly believe that your logic is on a wrong track about the origin of conductive pedagogic. You could give an other title to this topic though: where from or how CE as an idea is developed? It is more than obvious that CE comes from Hungary either you like it or not. This kind of logic could result in the III.WW in two weeks if politics would follow it. Sorry, I got a go, but I hope you read my mind...

3 comments:

Andrew Sutton said...

Sorry, I'm not even up to reading books nowadays, and never did minds anyway!

And mine cannot be very legible either! We are not quite talking about the same thing.

Whether I like it or not (and I assure you that, in MH's phrase, it is an indifference to me) I know that CE came to us, 'the West' out of Hungary. That is where 'it' was, in an evolving form, from 1945. A lot of it still is. 'It' here refers to people and their practices and their professional preparation, and probably some other material phenomena too.

As far as many users and providers (including conductors) are concerned, this undeniable truth is probably the only truth that matters. But there is a different level of reality, the question of what makes 'it' what it is, its essence or essences, and where did they come from, how did they meet and
how were they formed.

Some of them clearly met in AP, before 1935, perhaps quite some time before, in the twenties and in the thirties when, as far as we know, he was in and around Vienna. (Where he was, other than in respect to the influences and opportunities this brought to his thinking and his practice, are also a matter of indifference at this level.)

Some of them may have arrived after AP was dead (the parental nature of parent-and-child work for example)

This level of analysis may not concern some people, whether it relates to those distant days in a land very different from our own or whether it is happening now, in 2010 as old certainties and the old orders that maintained them break up around us.

Should a day came when people want to reconstitute a Conductive Education for a new world, what can you tell them it is. 'Hungarian' might be an important (partial) answer... all you have to do is identify and operationalise what specifically and uniquely Hungarian is there apparent in the practice.

No need for WWIII over this... And thanks for breaking into English.

Andrew.

Laszlo said...

Thanks Andrew,
I am sorry I did not mean to be offensive with the "wheter you like it or not" centence and the others.... that is what language can occour. Your comment highlighted to me that my suggesion is kinda right changing the title of the subject. Because the main question of yours is not wheter CE Hungarian or not. L

Conductive World said...

No offence meant and none taken!

Meanwhile I shall continue with my nonszensz as before.

A